We're all pressed for time in the kitchen, especially when we're putting together a big roast! To ease the process a little - I prepare roast potatoes in advance.
Here's my recipe for frozen roasties to ease the stress of cooking a roast for all the family.
1. Peel and cut your potatoes into even pieces and place in a saucepan of cold water.
2. Bring to the boil and then boil for 5 minutes (It’s important to boil them for 5 minutes or the potatoes will go black as they are cooling.)
3. Drain and then shake a little in the saucepan.
4. Lay out on a baking tray (I line mine with some baking parchment) or similar and leave to go cold.
5. Once cold, place the tray in the freezer and ‘open freeze’ overnight.
6. Once frozen, place in a food bag and leave in the freezer for future use.
7. When cooking your roast turkey, take the potatoes straight from the freezer and place in the hot fat to roast.
P.S. I tend to peel a few extra potatoes each week and then add them to the bag in the freezer, so I’m ready for the big day!